Sunday, July 01, 2007

I'm back!

The last thing I said to Harvey before we set off for our hols last Saturday was, 'Now, don't be ill while we're away!' And what is the first thing he does?

Sunday evening we were trying to decide whether we should go home after a phone call from Younger Son saying that Harvs hadn't got up for 36 hours. Daughter offered to travel up from Devon and look after Harvey while Younger Son was in work. They said he was alert and eating just not able to stand. We suspected that he'd fallen and had got stuck and lost his confidence. And that seems to have been the case.


We were supposed to be finishing our holiday by going to Devon today until Monday but we came straight home instead. Harvey is ... all right. Yes, he's - okay. He can walk when helped up and can even manage to get himself up if the temptation - left-over steak - is enough. He's not in pain and he's happy, so we'll just wait and see.


So, the holiday. Remember what I said in the last post?


6 comments:

jmb said...

Well I hope Harv is better now his Mum and Dad are home. It's a worry when they get old like this.

Shades said...

Welcome back. Remind me to show you Ben in SL.

Lee said...

Dear Harvey...give him a hug for me, Liz. He probably was missing you, as well, which only compounded his problem...poor old fellow!

Mauigirl said...

Welcome back! I hope Harvey is OK!

Anonymous said...

Welcome home. Hope Harvey is feeling all better now.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Sorry, Liz, I didn't see this post last night. I'd have come home too. I echo jmb's comment.