Monday, June 18, 2007

Father's food


As Younger Son was away all weekend, and the other two live far away, it fell to me to look after Husband on father's Day. For dinner he had smoked salmon and cream cheese roll-type things, followed by crown roast of lamb with apricot stuffing, new potatoes roasted in olive oil and sprinkled with salt, broccoli and carrots. And very nice it was even if I say so myself.
There was red fruit salad for pudding but he was too full (especially as he'd eaten half a box of Lindt truffles). (But I enjoyed some with strawberry cheesecake ice cream.)
Diet begins again today. Definitely.

7 comments:

DeeJay said...

So let me guess --- Welsh or NZ lamb?

Hmmm No contest methinks! It looks lovely when can you call round?

Anonymous said...

Looks mighty good.

Clare said...

I have to ask... do you keep your camera in the kitchen at all times just to be able to post pictures of food? If yes, you are a most dedicated blogger!

Liz Hinds said...

No, Clare! I just run and get it at appropriate (and inappropriate!) moments.

Thanks Steve and Ageis.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

That looks lovely!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that meal looks amazing.

Lee said...

Looks and sounds delicious, Liz. I love roast lamb...as most of us Aussies do.