Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Blogpower awards

Please go here http://defendingtheblog.blogspot.com/ then go to category 17, Prettiest or Tastiest Blog, and vote for Sicily Scene.

If you haven't read her before, do go along and be entertained by just about the best blogger I know. She left Wales to live in Sicily and her tales of that country are wonderful: they've made me want to visit! She should be employed by the Sicily Tourist Board!

But more than that, Welshcakes Limoncello can make you laugh or cry with her stories of her family and her Sicilian friends; her recipes are wonderful and her photos of food, both in the stalls and on the plate are mouthwatering. And her best friend is Simi, a girl who makes Harvey wish he were half his age again.

I suggested the category Prettiest or Tastiest Blog and when I did, it was Welshcakes's blog I was thinking about. Good as many of the other nominations are, Sicily Scene is the predestined winner of this award.

Please make it happen!

Sicily Scene is also nominated in Best Blog and Best Little Blog categories, so you can vote there as well!

12 comments:

Lee said...

Well..I've been placing my votes for both you and Wels, Liz...I wish you both all the best. :)

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Liz, thank you so much for this. It is very generous of you and I really appreciate it. I'm nearly crying - I so touched. You're lovely.

Puss-in-Boots said...

What a lovely friend you are, Liz. I shall certainly vote for Welsh. She does write a lovely blog.

Anonymous said...

My votes go to both.

Liz Hinds said...

Thank you, Lee, Robyn and Steve.

Welshcakes, I'm only speaking the truth!

Forest Dogs said...

We came to see Harvey, but we looked at Welshcakes' blog too, and think it looks good... we put a vote in

Liz Hinds said...

Woof, thanks Forest dogs!

lady macleod said...

I will certainly go and have a look.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Congratulations, Liz. You're in there as well and you deserve to be. Auguri

Thanks, forest dog!

jmb said...

Well Liz, I've been voting for both you and Welshcakes every day faithfully. Congratulations, you came in third in this category.
regards
jmb

Gledwood said...

Hi Liz! I did a travesty again I'm afraid and made dumplings with vulgar old marge they came out lovely like bread though. I don't bother with much potatoes in my stew now I just add dumplings for the carbs. OK tho I'm going to go get some vegetarian Atora (you CAN get that, can't you? Our vulgar old local Sainsbury's doesn't do it. Grrr SO ANNOYING. I'm getting wholemeal selfraising flour as well as I felt wholemeal would be nicer ... sorry I'm rambling on. "Welshcakes Limoncello!" - what a name! funky or what??!

I got nominated for a tagging blogging award but I don't know how to embed or pick up the image ... so it's all a bit of a mystery to me what to do about it at the mo ...

Liz Hinds said...

Thank you, lady m, Welshcakes and jmb - I've been voting for the three of you too.

Gledwood, I'm coming to talk to you now!