Sunday, June 10, 2007

Am I who I say I am?

I saw a man today I hadn't seen for a few years. He walked straight past me until I shouted at him. He said, 'I didn't recognise you, you look so smart in your old age.' Then he said, 'I probably shouldn't have said that last bit, should I ?'
'Actually you probably shouldn't have said the first bit either.'

I shouldn't judge though.

In the church trustees' meeting yesterday someone was saying that the main door is sticking. I said, 'Oh, it's fine if you kick it.'
Several pairs of eyes swivelled round to look at me.
'I mean, not that anyone would kick it, of course.'


I'm just the secretary by the way. I'm far too foolish to be a responsible trustee.

The discussion carried on to how much responsibility we should take for educating the young people who use Red cafe, which has computers and internet access, about being safe online. At some point I mentioned that one of my blogging friends is a code-breaking pilot who lives in Germany. More eye swivelling, before the trustees decide that education should begin at home and give me a leaflet about not believing everything that everyone tells you online.


* * * * * * * * * * *

In the evening Husband and I went out in soft-top Brian. We ended up at Rhossili, where we walked and had a drink overlooking this.


Could there be a better place to spend some time?
xx

13 comments:

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Well, you were very polite to that man! I'd have kicked him! Laughed at the other stories. What a beautiful, peaceful scene.

lady macleod said...

what an interesting and weird day. I believe the correct term for your admirer is 'pen de ho'. Lovely scene.

James Higham said...

I think I understood all of that. Not sure though.

jmb said...

You are a naughty one, aren't you? Talk about foot in mouth disease. Still we all got a good laugh.
At least the man recognized he had made a bit of a gaff, most men wouldn't. Or did you glare daggers at him?

Lord Nazh said...

better a kick to the door to get in than a boot to the @#$ to get out :)

DigiscrapMom said...

Such a lovely photo you took of Rhossili. At least your day ended pretty well.

Happy weekend :)

Anonymous said...

I too frequently show signs of hoof-in-mouth disease. Maybe that's why I like blogging so much -- I have an opportunity to read it, re-read it, and be able to make a conscious decision on whether to show my arse...

Beautiful place you and hubby went. What, pray tell, is a "soft-top Brian"?

Anonymous said...

I hope someone tells me that someday. But then again, I'm a man. Nice looking beach.

Liz Hinds said...

Welshcakes, I chose to take it as a compliment! Like I said before, i've got to take them where I can get them!

That's an interesting phrase, Lady M. I haven't heard that before.

It wasn't that complicated to understand, James!

jmb, no, I didn't glare at him. See my comment above!

Quite true to Lord N. Gosh, I have a Lord and a Lady visiting me. I had better be on my best behaviour.

Thank you mommyba.

Winston, soft-top Brian is our convertible Beetle. He only comes out in the summer.

I'm sure you look you look wonderful - for your age, Steve ;)

Shani said...

Secretaries run the world you know - one little mistype and we could start world war III....

Hugs
Shani

Lee said...

I reckon I could sit looking that while sipping on a drink or three!

Forget the door...I would have kicked than guy! ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh well that's all right then. Mind you, I wouldn't trust anyone I met offline in a church elder meeting either, given that they believe in fictional beings ;-)

So we're quits then ;-)

Liz Hinds said...

The way I type, Shani, that is more than possible!

Lee, kicking him seems to be a popular option!

Dr Stu, quits it is!