Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Too many toes

So I've got some shoes.
I'm not convinced but they're the best I'm going to get. I shall wear them round the house for the next two days to wear them in - should I plaster my toes first to pre-empt any rubbing? - and to get used to them - I never wear high heels so am likely to break an ankle.
Unlike the majority of women - judging by the responses I got to my cold/shoes post - I don't like shopping for shoes. I love the idea of glamorous sexy high heels but I have ugly feet.
With an extra toe on my left foot, it's always been difficult to get shoes to fit. As a child I had to have the extra-wide fitting of what were, inevitably, dull shoes, and as an adult, the world of pointy-toed or even slimfit elegant shoes is a closed one to me.
'Sensible' shoes. I don't want sensible shoes; I want the sort of shoes from which men drink champagne not Brains Bitter.

12 comments:

James Higham said...

Sorry, Liz, but glad I'm a man, so to speak.

jmb said...

Well they look suitably elegant. Don't break an ankle before the wedding! Nor even at! The bride would kill you for getting all the attention.
I hope it will be a lovely day.
Regards
jmb

Lee said...

It's going to be pretty difficult for anyone to drink champagne from those shoes you've pictured, Liz! ;)

Furtheron said...

Like James I'm glad I'm a man - although for a long time I struggled to find shoes that fitted me - I have rather large feet - they run in the family.... BOOM BOOM!

And like Lee my comment was going to be how would you drink anything out of them - a bit on the leaky side... :-)

Anonymous said...

Liz, if you drink enough champagne, you can toss the shoes and go barefoot.

Elsie said...

They're perfect!!

Anna said...

Purdy shoes! I don't think you need to buy more... and if they hurt you can just take them off - nobody will see under your dress, anyway. Do the cleaning in them and get used to them before Saturday...

MissKris said...

My feet are broad at the toes, extremely narrow at the heel. I've suffered thru blisters with every pair of shoes I've ever owned. My solution? I go barefoot 99% of the time! My husband must have 100 pair of shoes and boots...I get by on a pair of athletic ones, black slides, and black flats. Heels kill my lower back!! I HATE shoes, lol!

MaryB said...

Three words, darlin': ped. i. cure. Wonder if they charge more for the extra toe? :-)

I know you'll look just splendiferous on Saturday, shoes or no shoes. (How's the cold, BTW? You should be too busy for it right now.)

Anonymous said...

Get your left foot done every Xmas by a french pedicure expert.
The extra toe is free because at Xmas they (w)holly
'miss le toe' ;-)

Ruthie said...

Those are cute!

You know, Zappos.com has shoes in every sort of size, width, color, and various permutation you can imagine. They may only deliver in North America, but I'm not entirely sure. It's worth checking out.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Those look fine shoes to me and you will look fantastic in them - have faith! You have a very practical commenter here - he actually thinks of the design of the shoes before you would fill them with champagne! - I never would have thought of that in a million years. But I'm just a romantic..