Friday, April 20, 2007

Checking out

Okay, so how do some women manage to spend day after day on high heels?

I've been in them for a couple of hours and I'm ready to throw them out of the window. Perhaps the answer lies in the 'day after day' bit. To wear them, you have to wear them. Or return to flip-flops.

Anyway this will be my final post until we get back from London and the wedding. Daughter and I could be described as being just a little bit over-excited. We've squeaked in emails to each other all day.

I thought of writing something emotional but I'll just say I'm so delighted that my darling boy has found his 'one', the one who loves him in return, just for who he is. Be happy both.

Now like that over-excited child, I'm feeling slightly brain-dead so I'm just checking-out. Watch this space for photos ...

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

All the best.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Hi, Liz. Well, I don't know 'cos I have to have a break from the things every few hours. But "wear, them, wear them" seems good advice to me. Have a great time and love to you all from Sicily.

jmb said...

I hope it's a wonderful day for all, Liz. I'm sure it will be.
Regards
jmb

Puss-in-Boots said...

Liz, I bet the wedding is beautiful and as mother of the groom, you will be looking absolutely smashing! Can't wait for photos.

Berni said...

Like you I never wear high heels. Have a lovely time at the wedding. Blessings to the bridge and groom. Thanks for popping by my blog

Lee said...

Have a wonderful time at the wedding, Liz...that seems a redundant statement as I know you will. Just take along a spare pair of low-heeled shoes and lots of tissues! I look forward to hearing all about the wedding upon your return!

Elsie said...

Congratulations and best wishes to you all. Looking forward to all the photos.

Anonymous said...

May the wedding be one that everyone remembers for a long time. Have fun and enjoy.

Joy Des Jardins said...

I'm excited for you Liz....it's here...and it will be beautiful. Happy day for you all....can't wait to see the photos, and your stunning self...even those horrid heels. CHEERS!

MaryB said...

Enjoy every moment, Liz! (And may your feet hold up!) Looking forward to reading all about the wedding -

Martie said...

High heels suck, but weddings are GREAT! Enjoy this one especially....your son will only do this once (hopefully)! Have a great time!

Mauigirl said...

Liz, enjoy the wedding! I'm sure it will be a wonderful day.