Wednesday, March 14, 2007

It's springtime!


It's a beautiful day.

I sat out in the sunshine lunchtime for the first time this year. Actually I snoozed in the sunshine. (I deserved it! The glory of blood-giving will provide me with excuses for a few days yet.)

It was the sort of day for walking round the cliffs. Unfortunately a) I can't get Harvs in or out of the car, and b) even if we got there, he wouldn't be able to walk any further than the Summer Winers. (Three old men always sit on the same bench, looking out to sea, just a little way round the cliffs. I would love to know what they talk about; I hope it's disrespectful.)




So we went to the edge of the tip instead. It was too early for most of the regular dog-walkers so it was deserted, and there was a summer-like stillness about the place. Just the sound of birds twittering. And Harvey panting.


* * * * * * * * * *

Harvey gave Younger Son a scare the night before last.

I'd gone to bed leaving Harvey sleeping in the hall. When Younger Son got in, he needed to persuade Harvs to go to bed in the kitchen so he could put the (burglar) alarm on with no fear of it being set off. But he couldn't wake him. YS kept calling his name but Harvey didn't stir. Then he started twitching (Harvs not YS).

He woke eventually and he's been fine since. He just likes to keep us on our toes.

4 comments:

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

You had me worried about dear Harvs there for a minute. Bless him. Love the bit about the winos - I hope they're having a good time.

Lee said...

Harvey was probably having sweet doggie dreams and didn't want to be disturbed. I know there's nothing worse than waking up in the middle of a good dream. It happens to me regularly just when it's getting really, really interesting!

jmb said...

Oh dear, the joys of the elderly dog. I thought we had springtime here too but we has a little snowfall yesterday (didn't stick thank goodness) but just when the sap begins to rise old winter comes by and gives you a swat. And this is the banana belt part of Canada!
Regards
jmb

Anonymous said...

I can only hope that he doesn't have any pain. Nice dog.