Tuesday, March 27, 2007

I also forgot to say

My outfit fits very well, very close-fitting. It could be called snug-fitting. So snug I can't eat for the next three weeks and I'll still need magic pants.

Bit of a shame then that it is Younger Son's birthday tomorrow. I asked him what sort of birthday cake he would like and he said date flapjacks. I will NOT eat any. None at all. Just because they are one of my favourite things in the world ...

I have a bunch of narcissi on my desk. I wish Blogger would let me put on smells. The scent they're giving out as they open is terrific.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

The dog-lady is serious but nice. She asked if 'that's his normal bark?' Yes, it is: he's always croaky but especially first thing in the morning when he sounds like a habitual smoker. And yes, he pants all the time and he limps; he can't see much or hear much. But apart from that he's fine. Oh, yes, and he needs help in and out of the house and he's lost control of his back end.

She asked if we'd want to be informed in the event of anything happening to Harvey while we were away. How do you answer a question like that? I said we'd definitely want to know if there was a decision to be made; but we're only going from Friday to Sunday. I shall have to talk seriously to Harvey and tell him not to die while we're away.

6 comments:

Lee said...

Aw...you have to have a least one flap-jack, Liz...it wouldn't be right not to do so! I won't tell anyone...you'll just have to go for a longer walk than usual. All will be okay. ;)

jmb said...

I am looking at 20 daffodils that I bought at Granville Island on Thursday. 20 for $4 which was a bargain. They are on my kitchen table where my laptop is but although they are beautiful, a lovely light lemon colour with a darker bell inside, they have little smell. Typical North American hybridizing result. Can also see a dozen real daffodils in my garden from the window.
Regards
jmb

DeeJay said...

I got money here that says you will eat one!

Anonymous said...

The Dog lady sounds okay. I guess.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Agree with Lee - at least one, Liz! I'm sure dearest Harvey won't let you down, bless!

Anna said...

Oh, lordy! If only more hotels had rooms for dogs. Yes, have a word with Harvey, won't you. Well, while you're there, you may as well tell him he should be able to stretch it out for a good few years yet. He is expected to make an effort, you know.