Saturday, March 03, 2007

Breakthrough Generations

I've just received further information about a medical study for which I've signed up. It's a UK study into the causes of breast cancer. It involves completing a detailed questionnaire and a blood sample, followed by another questionnaire and blood sample every five years. It's all completely confidential, of course.

They're hoping 100,000 women will take part in this long-term survey to unravel the factors that cause breast cancer, and hence to find out how it can be prevented. If you're female, over 18 and in the UK, and you'd like more information, go here.

5 comments:

Elsie said...

Thank you for doing this, Liz.

DeeJay said...

That's a great thing you are doing Liz.
I did the same last year for heart & stroke research as there is plenty of incidence of both in my family history.
By the way the music is great.

Liz Hinds said...

I must agree that I think it's a fairly heroic thing I'm doing. Especially as I've been banned from giving blood because I keep fainting! And I've just looked at the sample bottles they've sent me: 3 rather large bottles. As Tony Hancock said, 'That's a whole armful!'

Clare said...

I am well experienced at blood tests - I swear they just take it for fun now and then. It's a great thing you're doing, I would do it too, but am not sure if my various health issues would be a problem...

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Liz, you wanted to know how to join the Scavenger hunt Saturday I will give you the place to go...http://tnchick.com/archives/982 when you get there you will see in the middle about becoming a photo hunter..just click there and follow the directions. It is a lot of fun. She has a list of words and then you just take your camera and look for that word every week and then post it. I have a ball with it!! I hope that you will too. Thanks for stopping by..Sandy