Monday, February 12, 2007

A weekend in Devon

Just returned from a visit to Silverton, Devon. We took Holly and Charlie back home to Daughter and Son-in-law (who'd enjoyed their visit to Venice).


As a one-day belated birthday treat, we all - well, all the humans - ate out at Jack in the Green last night. It's our fourth visit there since Daughter has lived in Devon and it's probably about our favourite place to eat. We've never been disappointed.


Last night for starters I had Seared Sesame Tuna with Chive Crushed Potato, Black Olive and Cabernet Sauvignon Vinaigrette . Now I've never had fresh tuna before so I didn't know what to expect. What arrived was three small triangular slices of - well, Husband and Son-in-law who've both eaten tuna before assured me was - tuna. I was convinced they'd brought me the wrong thing. It tasted like ... no, not chicken ... duck or lamb maybe. Certainly it bore nor resemblance to tinned tuna, which I always consider to be a dry fish, which is why I've never chosen to have it before. Anyway it was delicious. Whatever it was.











Killerton House is a National trust property, close to Silverton.






The 'new' Severn Bridge is a very beautiful structure.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mm, the restaurant menu looks lovely. What a place. Yes, I was surprised by fresh tuna the first time I had it. One of the meaty fishes, I think.

Puss-in-Boots said...

Your meal sounds yummy. I love tuna in any shape or form. It has a lot of Omega 3 so it's a brain food!

What a beautiful bridge, it looks too cobwebby and fragile to carry traffic.

Elsie said...

The restaurant sounds great. The menu items look yummy.

I love the bridge. I'm required to love all bridges (and tunnels), you know.

Liz Hinds said...

It really is a very lovely bridge. I make an effort to stay awake until we're over it. (I fall asleep easily in cars!)