Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Sammy said ...

"When I was growing up I thought of God as a sort of cosmic skinhead, out to wreck my life. A bit like Rik Mayall in Bottom.


It wasn't until later that I discovered that God likes people.



Immanuel means 'God with us'. Take away God and us and you're left with 'with'. If you ask for coffee with milk in Zac's, you'll get it all mixed up, not with the milk in a jug on the side. That's the same word as God with us. Inseparable. Even when you can't make sense of life, God is in it with you."



Sammy also sang a song about a songwriter whose girlfriend left him because he couldn't get his words to rhyme.



"She's gone to him,

because I can't get my words to rim.

My life is oh so dull,

just pick up your phone and cull

my number."



Sammy, Sean and Doris.


Zac's received some funding to commission artwork on the theme of the Beatitudes. Doris symbolises 'Blessed are those who mourn.' In her back are lots of little drawers containing things lost.


I must do another post about the artwork soon. There is still some to be completed but it's part of the vision of Zac's to use different art forms for worship and to provoke thought. To use our God-given creativity to help us be the people we were created to be.

2 comments:

Lee said...

Everyone is creative in their own way...some don't care or are frightened to find what they are capable of doing...but the finding is part of the fun. :)

Liz Hinds said...

I agree, Lee, but so many people insist, 'I'm not at all creative.' My boss is one but she is creative enough with the accounts to make sure I get paid at the end of the month!