Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Hug a knee

If you have a pain in the bottom, this is a good remedy. Or so, Jules, our fitness guru tells us.

Sit on the floor, your right leg straight out in front of you. Put your left foot outside your right thigh. Wrap your arms around your left knee and hug it in towards your right shoulder. Mutter sweet nothings to it (that's optional).

Then do the same thing only the other way round.

It's also good for pain in the lower back.

Unfortunately it's not guaranteed to rid you of all pains in the bottom.

3 comments:

sally in norfolk said...

A nice stretch for after a long walk...

Lee said...

Well, I followed all those instructions, Liz...now I can't unfold myself! What do I do next? ;)

Liz Hinds said...

Lee, I find singing loudly is unhelpful in most situations! Hope you're untangled now.

Sally, it is. You should be able to feel it stretch the muscles back to their original length.