Friday, December 29, 2006

Technophobe me?

Never! Technophile is my new middle name.

I have sent and received my first text messages on my new mobile!

I messaged a friend to give her my number; she wrote back saying, 'Who r u? U didn't leave ur name.'

Well how was I supposed to know that it didn't do it automatically? It guesses what words I'm typing so it's probably cleverer than me.

Now to cook dinner - something I can do - before we head off for a poker evening.

I just hope it's not red hot.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm behind the times. Haven't sent or received a text or SMS message. Then again, I never leave my phone on and no one knows my number. Oh well.

Anonymous said...

I did it a couple of times when I got my 1st phone that would. Have not found much practical use. Why strain eyes and get finger cramps for 5 minutes to txt msg when a 30 sec voice call takes care of it? I'm a techie by birth and birthright and education and profession and avocation. But it can get overdone. Quickly...

Anonymous said...

And I got a navigation device for the car (called Frodo) at Xmas. I'm still reading the manual finding out all it can do!

Puss-in-Boots said...

He he, that's the sort of thing I would do, Liz. I'm glad I'm not alone in that sort of omission.

Never mind, you'll get used to it and it will go one of two ways. You'll get fed up pretty quickly (as I did) and won't worry about SMS, or you'll become a total addict and message all and sundry.

Look forward to hearing which path you will take...!