Thursday, December 07, 2006

Procrastination

Harvey and I waited for a gap in the weather before we went out today.

Walking next to the river I said to Harvs, 'God is good to stop it raining on us.'

Then I thought:
a) Surely God has something better to do with his time than be my personal meteorologist;
b) Does that mean, when it rains on us - as it often does - that God is mad at me, or that he's in a bad mood?

Naah. So I'll just be grateful that it's dry for now.

Which was just as well as straight after that it poured down on us.

* * * * * * * * * * *

I keep forgetting to mention some good news. Yesterday Younger Son was told that he doesn't have to go to the surgery to have his wound dressed any more as it's better.

I just checked: he had the operation to cut out an abscess at the base of his spine on 30th August! And since then he's had it dressed daily and then every other day.

All he needs now is a job.

* * * * * * * * * * *

Now it can't be put off any longer.

I have to go and wrap some presents.

We're visiting Derby on the weekend delivering the in-laws's Christmas gifts, so I really really have to wrap them now. I've been saying that all week but finding excuses. Sadly, time and excuses have run out.

Unless there's anything you want to ask me ...?

4 comments:

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

That's great news about your son. Hope he gets a great job soon. Just been watching Sky news about the London tornado, by the way. Is the weather very rough in Wales today? [Oops! I've interrupted your present wrapping now!] Love to Harvs from Simi and me.

Liz Hinds said...

It's quite windy and wet but not noticeably so.

Present wrapping finished (this lot anyway).

Harvs says 'woof woof woof woof' etc

Clare said...

There was lots of wind today in London, and my ears hurt now... I have been hiding in the library for some time (6 hours earlier, had a 2 hour break!) x

Elsie said...

Great news about your son! He's ready for the new job now. Any day, Liz, any day.