Thursday, December 07, 2006

A bit of a grumble

I've just been to a prayer meeting.

Correction: I just tried to go to a prayer meeting.

For the last few weeks we've had prayer meetings on a Thursday at the church as we've a number of people amongst us who are seriously ill. The last two weeks Husband has come home on Thursday and I've wanted to be here to greet him so I haven't gone. This week he's not home till tomorrow so I went.

I arrived. No cars. No lights. Door locked. This didn't look good. It wasn't as if I were early; I was ten minutes late.

I drove round to my boss's house; her car was missing.

I came home. I'm going to watch Pie in the Sky, which was what I wanted to do anyway. So there.

I'm Church Administrator and I never know what's going on. No-one tells me anything!

And what's more, while I'm in the mood, I'm not happy with Cadburys.

I bought myself - for the first time ever - a chocolate advent calendar. I thought it contained little bits of milk chocolate but it has a variety of fillings. It's the 7th today and I've had two orange bits and two Turkish delight and I like neither of those. So I'm grumbling.

Or is it God's way of telling me I should be on a diet? :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Disappointing calender eh, Liz?
Then I'll do a deeeelishusch
post for you tomorrow, Mrs. Sweet Tooth ;-)

Anonymous said...

I love the orange ones! I'll gladly take them off your hands if that makes things any better. It's been a while since I visited your blog and have to say it's been an entertaing experience as usual.