Thursday, November 02, 2006

I fought the dog

And the dog won.

I was upstairs and Harvey was barking as he has been almost non-stop since I came home from the cafe. I had had enough. I stormed downstairs and shouted, 'Right, you are going out now whether you want to or not!'

He didn't want to. I got behind him and pushed; he leaned back against me. I snarled, 'Go on, get out.'
He said, 'No, I'm not going,' and pushed back.

Then he sat down.

And that was that. The end of the fight.

I might have lost the battle but I haven't lost the war. Yet.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You gave me a good laugh. Now it's time for bed.

Anonymous said...

ROTFL! You might as well give it up, Liz. The dog always wins. :)

Zinnia said...

Good grief. I have a dog like that!

Joy Des Jardins said...

You can't win them all Liz. I guess you have to pick and choose your battles with him. Better luck next time.

Anna said...

Go Harvey!

Anonymous said...

Seems ol' Harvs has a bit of fight left in him yet!