Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Today in work

Alun made me a cup of tea today in work today. I thanked him politely (unusually), put it on my desk and straightaway knocked it over, spilling 90% of my tea over my desk, my mouse, my computer, my drawers.

Lovely Young Dave mopped it up for me and dried my drawers.

Meanwhile Alun, Chris and I had a meeting. We are thinking of producing a Linden recipe book. Chris had the idea that it should have a Calendar Girls cover - only with contributors' faces on other people's bodies. Alun suggested it should be laminated so it can be wiped easily when it gets sticky.

Boys! Last time they were together in the office their schoolboy humour centred on length. I shake my head in despair.

I am the only mature grown-up in the office. You can ask anyone.

But being grown-up does involve solving difficult problems sometimes. I hoped Chris would resolve my problem but he has thrown it back into my court. (Chris is very fond of such sayings: I have had to tell him off before now for letting the rubber hit the road once too often.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you talking about American drawers or British drawers. I believe I've heard a difference(grin)

Liz Hinds said...

Whatever you think, Steve.:)