Thursday, October 19, 2006

The missing link

I'm noticing a trend in my blogging topics.

Diet. Chocolate. Failure of diet. Chocolate. I wonder if I could be eligible for a research grant to investigate a possible link between these two unlikely subjects. Hmmm, must look into this further. Of course I'd need willing volunteers to help me test some theories ...

No, Harvs, it's not time for your breakfast yet (he has to wait 30 minutes after taking his pill). Five more minutes (holds up hand with five splayed-out fingers). Count them.

Poor thing. I was late getting up this morning having decided not to set the alarm but to let my body decide when to wake up. And I have made a list of what I want to do today. It is very satisfying crossing things off a list. I've already crossed off get up, have breakfast (2 separate things).

Thank you all for your nice comments about my boss and the email. (For some reason Blogger won't let me add comments.) The email wasn't nasty, just pointing things out! It didn't spoil my day this time!

Yes, okay, Harvs, the five minutes is up; I'm coming.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, and mine's all about food and Halloween. What ya' gonna do? Just gotta blog about what's happening with your own bad self. I'm sure therapists and future sociologists could pick apart our self-revalatory (?) postings. Gotta go now I've misplaced my macaroni and cheese.

Joy Des Jardins said...

Liz,

It's funny how I don't blog much about food and diets, other than occasionally, since it's pretty much a main focus of my life...and always has been. Diets...I'm always on one, just fell off of one, or thinking about one. So you can assume that FOOD is definitely high on my priority list. I wouldn't want to bore any readers I may have with my diet dilemmas. Having said that...I DO enjoy a good post about this very subject...especially if it makes me laugh. Thanks Liz.