Sunday, October 29, 2006

The last weekend of summertime

We've just spent the weekend in Devon with Daughter and Son-in-law.

Ate too much but compensated for it with two VERY long walks. Now Harvey is past it, we don't do long walks. (Having said that we got home today to be told by Younger Son that Harvs had taken himself for a walk in the woods. He knew nothing about it until he received a phone call from a man who had found a dopey dog sitting on the bike track.)

The weather was very mild especially considering it is the last weekend of October. Spotted these two true Brits enjoying a thermos of tea while sitting in deckchairs (sort-of) on the beach.

8 comments:

Joy Des Jardins said...

That picture looks so relaxing to me. I could sit there and be carried away with the water without any trouble at all. It's really very lovely.

Hope your Harvs was okay with his little trip out. He probably walks about as much as I do anymore. Take care...

Anonymous said...

You don't fool me LH, I can tell that's you & Mike living it up on the Gower Peninsula!

Anonymous said...

LOVE the picture. Would love to be right there, right now. Oh, my goodness, I hope Harvey's okay after his little adventure. I guess he really did want to go somewhere, too. Poor baby.

Elsie said...

Tea on the beach, how lovely. And I'd bet Harvey was out looking for you!

Clare said...

ohh I do miss Devon. I lived in South Devon for a year and a bit when I was nine/ten ish and loved every minute of it. The beach, the country side...Sigh. xx

Anonymous said...

Looks kind of cold to be bundled up and sitting with the tea. I guess that is a lovely British thing.

Liz Hinds said...

Harvey is fine after his little expedition. What really puzzles me is how he got to where he did. The only way to reach the bit of the woods he was in, unless you go a very very long way round, is via some steps and he doesn't do steps.

Unless he wants to obviously.

Oh yes, and some people were in the sea swimming at Budleigh. Now that looked cold!

Anna said...

You wouldn't leave Neil with a child though, would you, eh?