Thursday, September 14, 2006

Little quirks

Is anyone else barrier-phobic?

When I'm going into a car park, or anywhere that involves going under a raised barrier, I take the ticket and drive very quickly. I am terrified that if I delay, even a minute, the barrier will come down on top of me. Probably on top of my head. That's why I duck as well. Just in case.

And another thing. I wonder how many people, when they're getting money out of a hole in the wall, try to pull their card out of the machine before it gives a 'pull the card out now' series of beeps. I've never managed it but I'm sure it's quite rational to try and outwit a machine.

You only have to look at 2001 Space Odyssey to see what happens if you don't: you get Hal, the control freak computer.

3 comments:

Clare said...

I duck when I go under "height barriers" - I don't know why, because I am not 6'4" and neither is my car.... But I still do it!

Anonymous said...

When I'm driving and a leaf hits the windshield in front of me, it cuases me to flinch. Human instinct I guess.

Shirley said...

I had a boyf once that used to shout "Mind your feet" every time we drove over a cattle grid....and every time I picked my feet up!