Saturday, August 19, 2006

Went to a wedding today ...

in a field. Over-dressed wasn't the word.

Extremely over-dressed was more apt!

Anyway it was a lovely ceremony and it didn't rain during the important bits, when Mark and Jen made their way around the circle, exchanged rings and laid the first stones to build a cairn.


They're going to use their field to provide alternative environmental education for youngsters for whom school is not attractive.

And, yes, there are holes in Mark's jacket. Designer holes. (I think.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I did hear that on the way home Liz, you and Heather were complaining/commenting on two different topics, what you might call the best and worst thing about the wedding.
The first, being the worst, was that you were going on about Mark's jacket. It's cool man! If Mark has style, let it show out in every part of his life, even if that includes his wedding.
The second, being the best, were those two guys in kilts. What is it about guys in kilts? Perhaps I'm wrong, but both you and heather feel that every man ought to be in a kilt, but that would downgrade the novelty of the item and the culture from where it originated.
I'm probably only complaining about the kilt thing coz I'll never wear one due to the fact that I'd be far too embarresed.
Of course, I would wear one if my wife asked me to, but that's another story...

Anyway, it was a nice day wasn't it? Never been to a wedding like it, in fact, I've never been to a wedding that wasn't in a church building before. But it was fun.