Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Walkies

It is not a good idea to walk round the playing fields when it is raining. The wood is better for the rain although either would have been fine if I had been wearing a gabardine mackintosh, which I wasn't.

As it was I had to run from tree to tree pretending the baddies were trying to shoot me. I tried to tell Harvey about the danger from the bullets but he said, 'Pah, I woof at danger,' and continued to meander.

We did manage to have a good chat though. Harvey gave me some very good advice; he is a wise dog. Will I have the wisdom to take his advice though?

It was only specking when I left the house and I was confident that it would stop; it didn't.

And, of course, there had to be one. We met ours on the way home when the wet was dripping from my nose. He said, 'Lovely refreshing rain, isn't it?'

I smiled.

1 comment:

Anna said...

It must be nice to have a mature dog who pauses to engage in conversation, rather than racing away from you like a bullet as soon as the lead is unshackled.