Monday, July 17, 2006

Deliverance

While tidying my desk this morning I came across an invitation.

I'd forgotten all about it but it had been hand-delivered with a personal invite. Unfortunately I'd been on the phone at the time and hadn't paid due attention to the lady at the door. And now I found I've missed the event.

So my apologies to the lady who gave me such a kind invitation: I regret not being able to attend "Deliverance at Hand!", the district convention of Jehovah's Witnesses held in the Millennium Stadium earlier this month.

I'm sorry I missed hearing how to attain a happy family life and, perhaps more relevantly, how young people can resist the temptations of immoral conduct. I'm sure it would have applied equally to old people and I might have learned something that I could have passed on to one of the Linden trustees who, on Saturday night, was inviting the ladies to enjoy a Slow Comfortable Screw.

Although he was particular about the ladies he approached; he offered me a Tropical Sunset.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Every Jehovah's Witness member will grow old and die just like everyone else.

There is no Armageddon that will annihilate 6.5 billion people,and install Watchtower leaders as world rulers.

Best regards,Danny Haszard

MaryB said...

When I walked across the Brooklyn Bridge the other day, I was confronted by the huge publishing headquarters of The Watchtower. Kinda scary.

So I went and had a drink to calm myself down. That's legal in my denomination. ;-)

Anonymous said...

The convention program is available online and can be heard on your windows media player if you truly did not want to miss the program.

If it was more tongue in cheek, sorry for missing the joke.

Cheers,
Troy