Wednesday, July 26, 2006

At Limeslade beach

This is the only Fortes Ice Cream Parlour in the area now. When I was growing up there was one in the centre of the village with blue cane chairs and glass-topped cane tables.

Village legend has it that, on the day war ended, Mr Macari gave every child in the village a free ice cream. Recently someone suggested to me that it couldn't be true as there was no sugar available in the war for ice cream. Huh! Of course it was true. My granny told me so.

2 comments:

Chris said...

That's it - you've got me entrapped (are there 2 p's in that, doesn't look right but then doesn't look right with one, either) - think I must arrange a weekend in your lovely part of the world. See you soon!

Liz Hinds said...

That would be great, Chris! It would be wonderful to meet a fellow blogger.