Tuesday, July 11, 2006

All Greek to me

It seems I have a Trojan.

I know because McAfee tells me so. It also tells me that it cannot be cleaned, quarantined or deleted. So what am I supposed to do?

This must be a case for ITMan (otherwise known as husband). Although he is not awfully fond of computers at the moment having spent all of yesterday trying to set up an encrypted wireless network. I don't know whether he succeeded in the end; I gave up asking. His replies were getting too predictable.

So my playwriting course. Great fun. And it seems that we will be having our plays performed in November the Dylan Thomas Centre.

There are seven of us writers and we've been split into two groups, each group working on a ten-minute complete play, with a beginning, a middle and an end.

I am not used to collaborative writing and not very good at it, being too quiet to make my point or to argue someone else's. But fortunately I am in the smaller less vocal group and we're getting on okey dokily.

We are working alongside the actors who will perform our plays. One of them was in salsa class last Friday. I commented on this to him and he grabbed me and started salsa-ing. Which would have been fine if I could have remembered how to do it.

Bindi Singh, who is leading the course, is very direct - no waffling here I'm pleased to say. He also has a friend who not only funds various playwriting projects but is setting up a television company for him www.swanseabaytv.com

That is the sort of friend I would like.

2 comments:

Emmy Ellis said...

We had a Trojan recently. All we could do was system restore. It seems to have cleaned the PC out a little bit as it runs faster now, but other than that, it's still there somewhere. Only reason we knew it was there was because the monitor blue screened on me.

Oops!

:o)

Shirley said...

Oh collaborative writing is the pits!
I had to write a sermon with two guys from church in our Preachers class and it was awful! For a start they didn't want to talk to me about it, and I was expected to fit in with their ideas!
Not something I want to repeat!