Monday, June 19, 2006

Ping!

I have just configured my software to automatically ping Technorati with each content change.

I wonder what that means.

It's strange how these things come about. It all started when I was reading the latest issue of Writers' Magazine; I came across an article about a playwright called Cathy Crabbe. The name seemed familiar so I did some raking through my memory vaults and remembered that she was a regular on Blank Slate, a writing website I used to visit.

She has won awards for her playwrighting - no, that's not right, but it should be - playwriting, and, most recently, has had work performed in Manchester's Comedy Store. She is the second of our old gang of Blank Slaters to achieve success. Kate Harrison, author of Old School Ties and Starter Marriage, was also one of us before becoming famous.

Cathy's latest play, Paperboys, is on 11-14 and 17-18 July in Buxton. I'm up in Derbyshire at the beginning of July and doubt if I'll be able to get up there again for it, but I hope it goes well.

Anyway, amidst all this, I looked up the Writers' News website, and another author on there mentioned his blog and Technorati. If I ever find out what I've done, I'll let you know.

No comments: