Tuesday, June 20, 2006

The Motson School

I have nothing against Wayne Rooney (admittedly he looks like a thug but I'm sure his mother loves him); it's the ITV commentator that is making me feel murderous.

If Rooney so much as goes near the ball, he's wonderful. Everyone else is giving it their all, doing well, and they just get a mention in passing, but Rooney, oh, that was nearly a wonderful shot. He missed but wouldn't it have been a marvellous shot if it had gone in?

I think his name is Clive and he is a complete idiot. I just thought I'd mention that as it's half time.

3 comments:

Shirley said...

In my opinion most commentators and pundits heas are as empty as the ball on the pitch!

Liz Hinds said...

Do you know, I was thinking the very same last night!

Tim said...

Agreed. Commentators have to pass a 'just a minute' type test in which they have to make as little sense as possible.

Rooney is a great footballer but isn't performing as they are making out.