Thursday, June 15, 2006

The joy of msn

I've just been introduced to the wonders of Messenger and it's a revelation.

This afternoon the sons and I had a three-way conversation using it. Admittedly younger son was only upstairs in his room but older son was in Madrid and it was totally groovy. (I am turning into Eddie Izzard: I will start wearing frocks next. Although skirts are more likely as we are probably both more of separates sort of people. Me because I'm a funny shape and him because he's not a typical woman shape.)

So anyway, back to Messenger. It is great fun - although I only have three friends at the moment - I am trying to persuade Alun to get onto it so we can abuse each other with ease and speed - but does have the potential to take up hours of your life. But more enjoyably than watching England play football.

I was getting glassy-eyed, and cheering for Trinidad and Tobago by the end. The only good thing is that Wonderboy didn't score. I would have hated to have seen all the stupid commentator's stupid comments come true. He was so bad I thought he was John Motson.

3 comments:

Tim said...

Oh my goodness the english abuse is too much. It's criminal that T&T were playing for nil nil from the kick off and at one occasion had a total of two players in an advanced position of the ball. However good you are a football pitch is only so big and Rooney is a human being and recovering from a broken foot. England are brilliant and we will win the world cup.

Liz Hinds said...

Do you mind? I am suporting England! Much against everything in my nature.

T&T were playing to enjoy themselves and good for them.

You are very touchy, Tim, for someone so confident that England will win!

Anonymous said...

Messenger...how do you think I conducted my affairs? But I have no need for it now!