Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Would you eat something cooked by this woman?

I just left a pan of oil heating on the stove and forgot about it.

We used to worry about my grandmother setting the house on fire doing that but she was 88.

Never mind, I live to set fire to the house another day.

Anyway, today is a bonus as far as I am concerned as I wasn't sure if I would live until today after eating food past its sell-by date yesterday. Younger son had a barbecue on Saturday while we were at the party (our camera only works outside for 5 seconds at a time so I am waiting for others to send me photographic evidence) and miscalculated the amount of food needed so yesterday I decided to use it up.

Younger son refuses to eat food after its use-by date so he just had the sausages leaving husband and me to eat the more dodgy stuff. But we're both fine.

Anyway I remember when meat was kept in a safe and we had to tell if food was past its use-by date by the smell or look. But I suppose food was fresher in those days and bought and used more quickly.

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

I can't decide if I have dandruff or white bits. Alun says that dandruff would be preferable to scurvy but I might just be dusty.

2 comments:

Shirley said...

I have scurvy/dandruff.white bits and noticed that Superdrug are selling their own brand anti dandruff shampoo with a picture of a snowflake with a cross through it!!! Sarcasm from blummin' shampoo?
Oh great stuff the word verification is a box with a little red cross in the corner!

Anna said...

Is it Tuesday today?