Wednesday, May 31, 2006

What to do with a dead person who insists on hanging around with you

The winner of the Diagram Prize for Oddest Title of the Year is People Who Don’t Know They’re Dead; How They Attach Themselves to Unsuspecting Bystanders and What to Do About It.

I once woke up and thought I might be dead - it wasn't too unpleasant - so I suppose it could happen the other way around.

In second place was Rhino Horn Stockpile Management, while Ancient Starch Research came third.

While on a literary theme, according to Writers' News, Candace Carteen is looking for non-fiction stories for a number of anthologies including I Know Why the Fat Girl Cries, I Know Why the Fat Boy Cries, and so on for Military Brat, Mamma, Pappa, Cat Owner, Dog Owner, Thin Girl. Details at - gosh that's a complicated address; I can't be bothered to write it out.

2 comments:

Shirley said...

I think I have a dead person attached to me, definitely making the scales heavier!

Liz Hinds said...

Yes, that would explain it, wouldn't it?!