Thursday, May 11, 2006

Hooray, it worked!

And I have only spent two hours trying to sort it out. That's not long. Really. And it's thanks to my brilliant son number one who suggested removing the post that was causing the trouble. It's a good job I have a computer genius for a son.

But just so you don't think that that's all I've done, I have cleaned the lounge and bathroom too. I love our new bathroom so much ... I dusted the skirting. That is not something I will say very often.

I also had one of my less-good-but-it-may-turn-out-all-right ideas.

Our cream (yes, I know now it's a stupid colour to choose) sofas are filthy. The covers are removable but I assumed they would need dry-cleaning. However when I checked today I found they were machine-washable. So I started washing them. Squeeeezing them in the washing machine and hoping for the best.

Now the problem is that it says that they should be put back on while damp, but how damp is damp? I am going out early evening: will they be dry enough or damp enough by then?

Also it says, 'do not tumble dry' and 'do not dry in direct sunlight'. Well, mine are hanging on the line in the sunshine as I type. They're cream: how much can they fade for goodness sake?

2 comments:

Shirley said...

We have removable covers and we have to put them on whilst damp too. but only the main body part. As we have two we only do one at a time. How damp? Hmmmmm how best to describe? Not so damp that you can feel it with your hands but when you put it to your lips it feels damp does that make sense? Take your lippy off first though.....

Anna said...

Ooh, maybe the sunlight warning is because they shrink in sunshine?