Saturday, May 13, 2006

Fred and Ginger live again!

We are stars! At last our unique talent for dancing has been noticed. We've taken our rightful place in the dance kingdom as King and Queen of the rumba!

In dancing last night, we were asked to demonstrate our routine to the class and then to teach them the steps. (There's no need to rush; I'm happy to sign autographs at any time.)

We must have been good teachers: the class picked up in ten minutes what it took us two years to learn from El Greco. And our pupils had an added bonus: we started with a fight - a vital ingredient of most of our dancing.

It's not easy being an example and being watched. Not only did I have to struggle to remember the steps but I also had to remember to hold my tummy in. And wiggle. But I have a perfect wiggle; have I mentioned that? The dance teacher (the proper one) said so. I knew there had to be something in life that I would be good at.

It will come in useful tonight when we go to Jude's party. Husband is going as Biggles and I am Mata Hari, exotic dancer and spy.

We've just been to town to pick up the final bits we needed: bright red lipstick and shimmery purple eyeshadow for me and a bit of elastic for him.

I bet you can't wait to see the photos ...

* * * * * * * * * * * *

Harvey is proper poorly again.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Have a great party, Liz, and don't wiggle TOO much or Biggles' elastic might snap!! You're right, can't wait to see the photos.

Love to poor Harvey. Hope he's feeling better soo.