Wednesday, April 19, 2006

I've been banned!

Doing it once you can away with; do it twice and they ban you.

I was doing fine, and had given about 95% of a bagful of blood when suddenly, whoosh, I was out of it.

They do make an awful lot of fuss about someone fainting. I told them I was used to it - and they did admit that it made their day more exciting - but they said they don't want people to feel worse leaving than when they arrived. But I didn't! By the time they had cooled me down and made a fuss of me and given me drinks and biscuits, I felt hunky dory.

Anyway, the sister said I can't give again. And I have to take it easy this afternoon.

I can do that.

5 comments:

Anna said...

Hm, well that's your story, and you're sticking to it, eh?!

jodes da princess said...

you could always go in disguise?

Anonymous said...

1. Rest for Wales Girl! I can't give it either - who'd want mine anyway?
2. Borders should carry a Govt Health Warning - it's a wonderful place.
3. Your wellies are almost as sassy as the girl in the flat opposite. She leaves them outide their front door - bright pink with multi-coloured butterflies all over them.

jomoore said...

Surely that's why they make you lie down - so you can faint without breaking anything? If you're not allowed to faint, you might as well give blood standing up - they'll fit a lot more people in that way!

Liz Hinds said...

Well quite, Jo. I told them it didn't bother me but it bothers them. And they call themselves nurses!

But they did say I could call in for a cup of tea any time I saw them.