Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Immigrant punks - which happens to be the song I am listening to the moment

We had a tiler in work today. He was employed by the same people who recommended our first plumber and he is of the same cheap and surly school. Why don't these people charge more and be cheerful? He even stood by and watched while an elderly man struggled with the very heavy lid of the baptistry. Pah.

Meanwhile our bathroom is almost finished. There are still odd bits to finish off but husband was able to paint most of it last weekend. The bathroom is a lovely toffee-cream colour but the separate toilet is sunshine yellow. I'm not sure about the toilet. I originally wanted a bright light sunshiney colour but now I'm not convinced. Still it won't be the first time husband has had to repaint a room and at least this one is small.

We could use the bathroom now but it's not allowed until it's completely finished. I say so. Even then I might keep it for show, like our front room.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

My address list went missing in work; I blamed Alun (obviously). Now I see it sitting on my desk at home. I have no idea how it got here. Fairies maybe?

No comments: