Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Shrove Tuesday

For the first time in my life I am not having pancakes on Shrove Tuesday. This is because

a) I am on my own and you can't make one (two/three/four) pancake;
b) I am on a diet and I can't eat one (two/three/four) pancake.

I am very unhappy about this. I normally like my pancakes either simply with sugar and lemon or, if I'm feeling decadent, with syrup and ice cream. I don't think there are enough Syns in the whole of the Slimming World world to cover that.

And I didn't lose any weight last week so I am feeling particularly fat and grumpy.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Apparently Gavin was feeling 'suicidal' after the game on Sunday. You can't help but feel sorry for him - not something you often feel for Mr Henson - but he shouldn't have been put in that position. I hope Charlotte cooked him his favourite meal or refreshed his tan for him. If only he didn't walk around with his mouth open all the time. It's almost as bad as people who chew (gum or otherwise) open-mouthed. I have to stop myself commenting when I am with a chewer. Particularly when they are in positions of authority and, more importantly, have a say on my pay.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

George Michael was arrested for possessing Class C drugs. I wonder if Marmite comes in that category. I am convinced it is addictive.

1 comment:

Chris said...

I made pancakes today because grandson Thomas wanted them for his tea. They were filled with banana and sprinkled with sugar. I very nobly didn't make any for myself but I then hypnotised said grandson into being full up before he could finish and he left 2 mouthfuls, which I gobbled up. Yum, yum, etc. I've lost about a stone over the past 3 weeks (because of the 'flu) and I WAS determined to not over indulge once I had my appetite back but, hey, Erma had a point about the women on the Titanic.