Thursday, February 02, 2006

Mushrooms are people too

I was just cooking some mushrooms for my omelette when they started squeaking at me. It was very disturbing.

Didn't stop me eating them though.

Has anyone worked out how to cook an omelette so that it ends up looking like it does in photos instead of a soggy mess? Tastes nice though. These tomatoes are exceptionally nice. Vittoria on the vine from Sainsburys. Yum.

The last two days are taking their toll: I am the epitome of wet lettuce today.

Wales
15 Gareth Thomas, 14 Mark Jones, 13 Hal Luscombe, 12 Matthew Watkins, 11 Shane Williams, 10 Stephen Jones, 9 Dwayne Peel, 8 Michael Owen, 7 Martyn Williams, 6 Colin Charvis, 5 Robert Sidoli, 4 Ian Gough, 3 Adam Jones, 2 Rhys Thomas, 1 Duncan Jones.

Okay so there are some names missing but that's still a good team. Yes, Ieuan agrees with me, and he should know. He is standing in the corner of my screen blinking steadily. Every now and again he twirls a ball or does a leap of joy. He will be doing that a lot on Saturday.

Have I mentioned that I was there? Last year when Wales beat England at the Millennium Stadium? At the start of their Grand Slam season. But we're not here to look back; we are not like the English who take every opportunity to point out that the World Cup trophy is in their cabinet - failing to mention their miserable record since. We're looking forward - to the next World Cup and before that to this season. Go Wales!!!!!!

5 comments:

Jon said...

I have had problems with omlettes. Deliah Smith is a liar, I follow her instructions exactly and I never made a nice looking omlette.

Wales side looks good, but I would have preferred to see Byrne at 15 with Thomas playing outside Watkins. Hal Luscombe just doesn't seem to have that little bit extra. I guess St. Ruddock knows what he's doing though.

I am now off to have a good loud singing of 'hymns and arias'.

Anonymous said...

Here we go then:

Do not add milk to the eggs - just straight eggs beaten with seasoning only
Do not use 'wet' fillings
Frying in butter/olive oil mix is nice but naughty, not too much of it though
Have the grill heated ready to finish off the top of the omelette

That's all I know but they are the one thing I can do ok. Not often but welcome when I do.

Tim said...

I just want to clarify I know little about rugby and I could probably name only a handful of englands players but I'm english til I die and I love it when we play the welsh. I'm so excited I'm about to wet myself and I'm really hoping to be with ben and jon this time so I get to gloat when we smash you! Come on England!

Tim said...

Liz I've been meaning to ask you - whats your take on the new style beetle (well not so new anymore)? Do you hate it or love it?

Liz Hinds said...

Tim, I wasn't sure when the new Beetle came out but it's okay. It has more character than many of the new cars around but it'll never come close to a proper 33-year-old one. They just make you smile when you're driving!