Thursday, January 19, 2006

Walking clears the head ...

but croaks the throat. I didn't feel ill enough to justify not walking Harvey for a second day so we've just come back. How anyone can say Harvey is stupid when he can tell when, like Superman, I've got my socks over my trousers that it's time for his walkies is a mystery to me.

We saw a tiny bird, not much bigger than a wren and with the same podgy belly, but with yellow bits. I will look it up in a book.

Okay, so how do you look a bird up if you don't know what it's called? That seems to me to be a major flaw in the system. As I didn't notice what shape its beak, tail or wings were, I'm up a tree without binoculars.

On a different subject, I have joined a journalists' forum. I'm not a journalist but it is a very active forum and I would like to be. It is no wonder I have not been making millions. I send out one pitch every fifteen days; proper freelance journalists send out fifteen pitches every day. (Note: next week this will be my aim - can't do it now as have to clean toilet.) One freelancer said she lost a client before Christmas, one who paid her £20,000 a year.

No comments: