Thursday, December 15, 2005

What is it?

I am way too organised and that can only mean one thing: what have I forgotten? I had better consult The List.

To say that the house would be clean without a Harvey is of course an exaggeration. But not much of one. How can one dog shed so much hair and still have a coat-full?

Me and the broom just did a waltz to the Harry Potter Waltz, but it was Viennese so I couldn't do it very well. But the broom didn't complain.

The list of films I want to see is growing. Harry Potter is there as is The Curse of the Were-Rabbit, Narnia, and I have this vague recollection that there is something else. What could it be, I wonder. Perhaps we'll get to see some over the holidays. Husband is off for three weeks and plans to redecorate the bedroom and prepare the bathroom for when we get round to deciding what we want done in there. That's not as bad as one year when he decided to decorate the kitchen before Christmas and it was nail-biting stuff to see if we'd get a floor down before I needed to cook Christmas dinner. Or the year he did the dining-room.

If we are having a party for eighty-year-olds we need gin, don't we? Most of them are women and everyone knows that gin is mother's ruin.

No comments: