Wednesday, December 07, 2005

On the 18th day before Christmas

I have perfected the art of getting dressed without getting out of bed. Not many people can say that, I bet. And even less do it.

Today I am making a Christmas cake, or rather I am making a Christmas cake as a birthday cake but it will smell the same. The house will be filled with Christmassy aromas, like burnt newspaper. Perhaps I'll light a Holly Hill candle too.

Started writing Christmas cards last night. It is boring. Then this morning I remembered something I read (maybe on a blog?) that suggested thinking about the person you're sending the card to when you write it. That could be pray for; I'll try and do that when I continue.

The lady at the publishers said they had another collection of monologues to consider as well (as I knew) and that it would take a few weeks to decide as it would 'be difficult'. I suppose I should pray that the collection that can be best used by God will be chosen; or I could just pray, 'choose mine!'

I have arrived: my hairdresser gave me a Christmas kiss!

No comments: