Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Probably not one of my better ideas

I hadn't allowed for the fact that 99% of the population of Swansea would also be in Debenhams; I thought it was just me they had invited. I was in a bad mood before I got into the car park.

Still I saved over £100. And, while in the checkout queue, I managed to resist buying a pain-free hair remover, in spite of my newly-discovered wish to avoid razor rash.

In my relief to reach the till, I forgot to claim my free box of chocs, but Thorntons gave me one instead. (But it could have been 'as well'.)

And it only took me three hours. And it's done. More or less. So perhaps it wasn't such a bad idea after all.

Was slightly puzzled by a Cliff Richard calendar for 2006 that promised 16 months. Maybe he really thinks he's Peter Pan ... no, that doesn't work. If I hadn't already given Janet a nuns having fun calendar for her birthday, I would have bought it for her; she needs more months in the year.

No comments: