Monday, November 28, 2005

Our new resolutions

Harvey and me have decided to get our arses into gear . .. Yes you did ... Having bad joints, a heart murmur, memory loss and a tendency to trip over your own feet is no excuse. We could all say that. (except the heart murmur.)

Harvey and I share pills, have I mentioned that? Each morning I take cod liver oil, evening primrose oil, glucosamine and a happy pill; so does Harvey. (Except for the happy pill.) Although he will avoid the glucosamine if he can. I must post a photo of Harvey so all the world can see that he's the handsomest dog in the world.

So anyway when we were walking some things cleared. I have made some decisions and thought of some avenues to follow. (Avenues? The English language is very strange.)

We saw Big Bird again too. I suppose it is the time of year that they start to get hungry. It is unnerving having a large carnivorous bird with enormous talons circling overhead.

Grandma has failed her flight test so she is unable to go to her grand-daughter's wedding just after Christmas. She would need oxygen on a flight and the only plane that could provide it was travelling through Christmas Eve night. It would be very likely that you would see Father Christmas on such a flight and everyone knows that if you see him, you don't get any presents, so I don't blame her for not going. However it does raise a rather more important worry.

On aeroplanes the cabin crew always go through their safety routine that includes, 'in the case of emergency oxygen masks will fall down). What they don't say is that they won't have any oxygen in them - unless you're travelling in the right plane (i.e midnight on Christmas Eve.)

I have written this much and not even mentioned Wales's famous victory over Australia on Saturday. See, I had faith. I no longer have any fingernails but that is small price to pay. I don't think anything could have stopped Shane, not when he had 99% of Wales willing him on. And Charv got Man of the Match. A fitting tribute to the man who has reclaimed his throne after being second-most hated man in Wales after Bin Laden and before Saddam Hussein.

No comments: